Tuesday, January 29, 2008

CQWW 160 Meter CW Contest Results

The CQWW 160 Meter CW contest for 2008 is now in the logbook. The computer showed about 8 hours of operating time. Since I had other things to do on Sunday, I made a few quick contacts on Sunday morning and spent about 45 minutes Sunday evening just before the end of the test. Total qso's was 225 with 15 DX countries and 42 states and Canadian provinces contacted. Total score 34,428 points. The best run i had was on Saturday evening between 0000z and about 0125z. I ran about 60 contacts before things started slowing down and i went back to search and pounce mode. All in all, it was a decent contest for me on 160 meters. I hope to get more radials down on the transmit antenna before next winter. Next up is the CQWW 160 meter phone contest in February. Time now to send in the logs to CQ and LOTW.

73 for now,

Ed N4EK

No comments: