Saturday, May 14, 2011

re: 2011 Florida QSO Party

The 2011 FQP is now history. I had a great time this year. I was able to put in about 9.5 hours mostly on Saturday. The conditions were good but 15 and 10 meters never really opened up which would have been great. I ended up with 560 qso's with only 52 on phone. I decided to maximize my score by making as many CW qso's as possible and it was easier on the ears. I had a great run on 40 meters Saturday night with about 140 q's in a run. Lots of Europe on with Poland leading the pack. For some strange reason I had a lot of dupe calls with many coming from well known contest ops. Final score was 201,000 points. Kept the keyer speed about 24 to 26 wpm which is a good speed for me. Well, looking forward to next year with better conditions all across the bands.


73, N4EK
 

1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Amateur Radio Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Amateur radio broadcasters, Ham radio operators, Amateur radio enthusiasts and experts, clubs, etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Amateur Radio Community: http://www.vorts.com/amateur_radio/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor