Monday, February 18, 2008

ARRL CW DX Contest

This weekend proved to be a very busy one with lot's of other things happening besides the ham radio contest. I was able to get on a little on Friday night but had an early wakeup call for Saturday morning. I could not get back on till almost 12 noon. The same thing happened on Sunday so operating time was limited. I also was dealing with a high noise level which is very unusual in my area. It was really bad when ever I turned my beams east or southeast. Time to get out the AM radio and do some noise tracking. So i ended up with 185 q's and maybe some new DX countries worked on 80 meters. The beverage RX antenna was playing real well on 80 and countries out of Europe were really banging in on Saturday night. This coming weekend is the CQWW 160 phone contest. Maybe the conditions will be good with no weather fronts moving through the area which should make for quite band condtions.

73, Ed

N4EK

No comments: